The Ultimate Tasmanian Wine Odyssey Competition Launches
Lovers of Tasmania and its wines are being invited to enter a new competition, launched this week by Wine Tasmania. Billed as the Ultimate Tasmanian Wine Odyssey, two lucky winners will travel to the island (via wings or wheels/ferry) on a truly Tasmanian feasting journey through the north, south and east coast wine trails.
With some of the best wine and local produce, not to mention stunning scenery, wildlife and adventure, Tasmania is a must-visit destination. With travel restrictions over the past couple of years, it has been a while between journeys down south for many wine and food lovers.
Despite these travel restrictions, visits to cellar doors over the year to September 2021 were enjoyed by 160,000 tourists, 24% of all visitors to Tasmania, and in the top eight activities undertaken by visitors. (Source: Tourism Tasmania Tourism Visitor Survey)
Wine Tasmania has developed this competition in partnership with some of Tasmania’s top wine producers and venues, offering many experiences not usually available to the public.
The full prize package for two people (valued at over $6,500) includes:
- An airline and car hire voucher or a Spirit of Tasmania voucher
- Accommodation voucher
- Guided tasting with take-home wine at Glaetzer Dixon Family Winemakers
- A guided tasting, lunch by Hubert & Dan with museum wines, and take-home wine at Tamar Ridge
- Lunch with a guided tasting and two bottles of limited release take-home wine at Devil’s Corner
- A 20-year retrospective museum wine tasting & grazing platter at Marion’s Vineyard
- Dinner and guided wine tasting at Havilah, including museum wines from Two Tonne Tasmania
- A guided exploration of chocolate, cheese & sparkling wine at Clover Hill
- Chocolate & wine pairing at Bangor Vineyard Shed
- Tour de Terroir vineyard tour at The Ridge North Lilydale
- A Posh as Day Out at MONA, including a private Moorilla tour, guided wine tasting, restaurant lunch with matched Moorilla wines, Posh Pit return ferry tickets from Hobart, museum entry and take home wine
- Wine and a deluxe banquet for two at Timbre Kitchen
- Three courses with wine at The Gorge Restaurant
- Take-home Negroni from Taylor & Smith Distilling
Wine adventurers can enter the competition by submitting their details at Wine Tasmania’s website – www.winetasmania.com.au/take-me-to-tassie. Entries close on the 14th of March 2022 and the winner will be announced the following day.
For further information:
Sheralee Davies, CEO, Wine Tasmania - 0407 004 959