2019 Tassie Wine Trade VisitPosted under General News
Wine Tasmania was delighted to welcome the following ten mainland trade representatives to Tasmania on 7-8 July 2019. The selected participants represented an impressive range of restaurants and retailers around the country:
- Aleks Balodis, Stokehouse Q, QLD
- Guillaume Bonange, Longrain, VIC
- Ches Cook, Five Way Cellars, NSW
- Simon Curkovic, Cafe Sydney, NSW
- Bryce Faiella, ARIA Sydney / Solotel, NSW
- Ashlyn Foster, Quay Restaurant, NSW
- Harry Letho, Merivale, NSW
- William Roser, Frasers Restaurant Group, WA
- Tim Stow, Pure South, VIC
- Elly Webb, Rockpool Dining Group, NSW
The itinerary comprised structured sparkling and 2017/2012 pinot noir tastings, together with informal wine tastings over lunches each day showcasing local produce. 110 wines were available for guests to taste across the two days, including a museum wine focus over dinner at Josef Chromy, with chef Nick Raitt producing a degustation menu of local ingredients cooked on open fire pits. A cruise of Cataract Gorge with oysters and sparkling and a visit to Tamar Valley Truffles rounded out the broader tourism experience, with hands on sparkling blending and pinot noir clonal sessions also held. Feedback from both our wine trade guests and participating wine producers has been very positive!
This activity was supported by the Tasmanian Government’s market development funding, and the Department of State Growth also commissioned photographer, Renee Hodskiss for professional photos on the second day of the visit, some of which follow.