2018 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year Finalists AnnouncedPosted under
Finalists in the 2018 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year competition have been selected and voting is now invited from members of the wine loving public.
Now in its fifth year, this program is presented by Wine Tasmania to recognise Tasmanian businesses supporting the island’s outstanding wines, and has been supported by the Tasmanian Hospitality Association.
The following businesses have been announced as the 2018 finalists (listed in alphabetical order):
- Astor Grill, 157 Macquarie Street, Hobart - www.astorgrill.com.au, phone 03 6234 3122
- Bay Restaurant - Freycinet Lodge, Freycinet Drive, Freycinet National Park - www.freycinetlodge.com.au, phone 03 6256 7222
- Grape Bar & Bottleshop, Salamanca Place, Hobart - www.grapebar.com.au, phone 03 6224 0611
- Institut Polaire, Murray Street, Hobart - www.institutpolaire.com.au, phone 0432 925 895
- Kwan Ho, 410 Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay - www.kwanho.com.au, phone 03 6225 7888
- Mures Upper Deck, Davey Street, Hobart - www.mures.com.au/upper-deck, phone 03 6231 1999
- The Bridport Bunker Club, 67 Main Street, Bridport - www.thebridportbunkerclub.com.au, phone 03 6356 1146
Wine Tasmania Chief Executive Sheralee Davies encouraged members of the wine loving public to visit these businesses and vote for their favourite as part of the ‘People’s Choice’ Award.
“The pride in our outstanding local wines is well reflected in the applications and wine lists received this year, and each of the applicants is to be commended for their support of the island’s wines.”
Venues are assessed against a range of criteria, including the representation of Tasmanian wines by the glass and bottle, the depth and scope of wines offered, the way Tasmanian wines are listed and promoted on the wine list and relevant aspects of wine service, training and knowledge.
The 2018 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice Awards will be announced in September 2018. Public voting closes on 3 September 2018 and can be undertaken online here.
For further information: contact Sheralee Davies at Wine Tasmania on 03 6223 3770.