2017 Tasmanian Wine List AwardPosted under
The Tasmanian Wine List of the Year award is presented by Wine Tasmania, in partnership with the Tasmanian Hospitality Association (THA), to recognise Tasmanian venues supporting and promoting our island's outstanding wines.
Now in its fourth year, the winners of the 2017 Awards were announced at the THA Gala Evening on 21 August:
- 2017 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year Judges' Choice - The Source - MONA, Main Road, Berriedale - www.mona.net.au/eat-drink/the-source-restaurant, phone 03 6277 9904
- 2017 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year People's Choice - Bridport Bunker Club, 67 Main Street, Bridport - www.thebridportbunkerclub.com.au, phone 03 6356 1146
Check out the winners' profiles below.
2017 Finalists (in alphabetical order):
- Astor Grill, 157 Macquarie Street, Hobart - www.astorgrill.com.au, phone 03 6234 3122
- Bay Restaurant - Freycinet Lodge, Freycinet Drive, Freycinet National Park - www.freycinetlodge.com.au, phone 03 6256 7222
- Drift Café Restaurant, 41 Bluff Road, Devonport - www.driftdevonport.com, phone 03 6424 4695
- Grape Bar & Bottleshop, Salamanca Place, Hobart - www.grapebar.com.au, phone 03 6224 0611
- Hotel Bruny, 3959 Main Road, Alonnah, Bruny Island - www.hotelbruny.com, phone 03 6293 1148
- Maldini, 47 Salamanca Place, Hobart - www.maldinirestaurant.com.au, phone 03 6223 4460
- Mures Upper Deck, Davey Street, Hobart - www.mures.com.au/upper-deck, phone 03 6231 1999
View media release here.
About Our Winners...
The Source Restaurant takes its name from the John Olsen painting that hangs from the ceiling of the foyer.
The focus is on local Tasmanian produce, presented according to the whim of Vince Trim (ha), our Executive Chef, and his team. Shared plates, fresh, seasonal fare, and a lovely outlook over the museum grounds.
Our wine list features more than ten thousand bottles from all corners of the globe, crafted by winemakers and brewers both big and small (including our very own Moorilla wine and Moo Brew beer, of course). Take matters into your own hands, or ask the Sommeliers for advice.
Ether Building, Mona
655 Main Road
The Bridport Bunker Club offers unique bistro style food for both lunch and dinner 6 days a week. Dine in the restaurant, book a booth in the bar or simply dine out on the deck.
We aim to use only the freshest and best local Tassie produce, focusing on the North East where possible. Our Chefs aim to create taste sensations and flavours that are unique to the BUNKER. Our meals are all generous and can be topped off with a house made dessert, created fresh each day.
Open Tuesday through to Sunday for lunch 11 – 3pm, Tuesday to Saturday for dinner 6pm onwards
T: 03 6356 1146