The Wine Tasmania Technical Committee is a group of volunteers including producer members and associate members. The primary functions of the Technical Committee are:
- Organise and conduct the Annual Field Day
- Prioritise Research, Development and Extension activities
- advise the Wine Tasmania board of R,D and E priorities and activities and provide technical feedback
- promote the Tasmanian wine sector as a vibrant, professional place to invest
The members of the Technical Committee are volunteers who give their time freely for the benefit of the entire Tasmanian wine sector.
The voting members are:
- Conor van der Reest (Moorilla) (Chair)
- Kellie Hoffmann (Treasury Wine Estates) (Deputy Chair)
- Fred Peacock (Bream Creek Vineyard)
- Matthew Pooley (Pooley Wines)
- Tom Wallace (Brown Brothers / Tamar Ridge)
- James Aubrey (Jansz / Dalrymple)
- Gilli Lipscombe (Home Hill / Sailor Seeks Horse)
There are also other sector representatives:
- Paul Smart (Wine Tasmania - Secretariat)
- Mark Brewer (TasTAFE - Observer)
- Kathy Evans (Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture - Observer)
The Technical Committee is always keen to hear any ideas or questions about growing grapes or making wine. If you wish to contact the Technical Committee, or would like to inquire about participating please call Paul Smart on 03 6223 3770, or email.
Technical Committee Terms of Reference are available here.