Members of Tasmania's hospitality and wine trade sectors are warmly invited to the 2018 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year Judges' Choice and People's Choice Awards Announcement at Coal Valley Vineyard, 257 Richmond Road, Cambridge on 24 September from 3 - 5pm. Please note this casual event is an invitation only function and will also provide attendees with the opportunity to try some new release Tasmanian wines and to interact with their makers.
Now in its fifth year, this program is presented by Wine Tasmania to recognise Tasmanian businesses supporting the island’s outstanding wines, and has been supported by the Tasmanian Hospitality Association. Venues are assessed against a range of criteria, including the representation of Tasmanian wines by the glass and bottle, the depth and scope of wines offered, the way Tasmanian wines are listed and promoted on the wine list and relevant aspects of wine service, training and knowledge.
The finalist venues selected in the 2018 competition are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Astor Grill, 157 Macquarie Street, Hobart - www.astorgrill.com.au
- Bay Restaurant - Freycinet Lodge, Freycinet Drive, Freycinet National Park - www.freycinetlodge.com.au
- Grape Bar & Bottleshop, Salamanca Place, Hobart - www.grapebar.com.au
- Institut Polaire, Murray Street, Hobart - www.institutpolaire.com.au
- Kwan Ho, 410 Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay - www.kwanho.com.au
- Mures Upper Deck, Davey Street, Hobart - www.mures.com.au/upper-deck
- The Bridport Bunker Club, 67 Main Street, Bridport - www.thebridportbunkerclub.com.au