The 11th Wine Tasmania Field Day will this year focus on how producers can best meet the unique challenges of growing grapes in a cool climate with high demand. The focus will be around the quality/yield balance, and how to achieve both. Once again a number of local and national presenters will be included on the program.
Speakers and Topics
- Dr Peter Dry, AWRI - Alternative Varieties
- Dr Everard Edwards, CSIRO - What is a balanced vine in a cool climate? The yield/quality balance
- Dr Catherine Clarke, Agriculture Victoria Research - Grape Phylloxera, impacts, habits and what if...
- Nat Fryar, Bellebonne - Dr Don Martin Fellowship 2016 Presentation
- Dr Tom Remenyi, ACE CRC - Tasmania’s Viticultural Climate Future
- Dr Nigel Swarts & Dr Joanna Jones, TIA Yield Project - The past twelve months of learning about Yield
- Mathew Webb and Craig Smith, DPIPWE Spatial Sciences - LISTMap Training and Resources
- David James, BOM - Seasonal Update and Meteorology Resources
With success of the trade show at last year's VINfo / Field Day, we are again hosting a range of businesses. Confirmed exhibitors will be listed here. For exhibition enquiries please email Paul.
VinØ Members Only Forum
As part of membership of VinØ, the 2018/19 members will be having their own forum with special guest speakers. This will start at 09:00 prior to the Field Day proper. This is a free event and VinØ members will be getting a separate invite in the email. For information about VinØ please read this webpage and contact Paul.
Details and Agenda
Full agenda out soon...
09:00 - Doors open for Trade Show and Registration
10:00 - Plenary session starts
16:00 - Finish
Tuesday 11 September 2018
Hobart Show Grounds, under the grandstand where the wine show judging is held
2 Howard Rd, Glenorchy
Cost for this event is
- $50 (Wine Tasmania members)
- $110 (non-members)
Tickets are limited.
Registrations close 3 days prior.
Members must be logged on to obtain member pricing.